SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pink50_gw

anemic 19y/o daughter won't go to doctor

pink50
11 years ago

Hello-

My very anemic daughter refuses to go to the doctor. She has very heavy periods and has become anemic again. About 4 years ago I had to take her to the hospital for a transfusion and she had a bad experience with one of the doctors and so ever since she has a fear of being examined. The last time I made an appointment so that we could get some hormone pills, she refused to get in the car and we missed the appointment.

Is there any way to force an adult to see a doctor? It has occurred to me that I might go instead and lie and say I need some pills for myself but I really don't want to do that.

She is sick of doctors that won't help her figure out why she has these heavy never ending periods who only prescribe her pills that make her sick to her stomach. When we went to the hospital for the transfusion a doctor without warning her or asking if it was okay stuck her fingers into my still virgin daughter at which point daughter screamed her head off and started crying. She was already reticent about seeing any doctors but after that she really hates the thought of going. Is there any other way I can get some hormone pills without a prescription?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!