SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel98_gw

Would you let your child do this?

rachel98
17 years ago

A few months ago my husband and I found a church that we love. Our daughter Sarah (12 years old) and son Adam (10) have started participating in the youth progam. This Saturday the church youth program is having an event called "Messy Olympics" where they let the kids have a massive food fight. They sent out a letter that said that the kids would be given pies, buckets of baked beans, spaghetti-o's, chocolate sauce, raw eggs, pudding, peanut butter, ketchup, mustard, ect. They said that kids should wear swimsuits or old shorts and T shirts and bring goggles and a towel and a change of cloths. The other parents who have seen this said that the kids get totally covered from head to food and that they have a lot of fun. I don't know why, but the thought of Sarah and Adam doing something like this makes me uncomfortable. Am I crazy? The kids said they feel a little nervous about it but that it would be cool to see what it's like to be in a food fight. I would be interested in hearing about how other parents would feel about their kids doing something like this.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz