SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plasticgarden

What about help WITH parents?

plasticgarden
16 years ago

This isnt a parenting question,rather a I need help with MY parent.

Please do not flame me either,this is a geniune problem I need advice for.

My mom is turning 50 in a few months.She's had a rough time after seperating from my stepdad this summer.

I have tried to be there for her as best as I can,but there isnt much you can say to help someone's heartache after a break-up.

Anyways,she has always gone out alot to this bar (couple times a week,also part of her problem with her husband~he was an alcoholic)

Now she has been going there almost everyday (which in some ways I can understand cuz she's lonely and single)

She wants me to throw her a fiftith birthday bash at this bar and even gave me a list of people to invite.She said she wants a stripper too and would pay for some of it.

Here is my problem: I dont want to plan this event! I dont go to bars,especially the one she hangs out at.I'll have my daughter,so obviously she cant be there if my mom wants a stripper and I'm not trying to find a sitter.So,I dont even want to be there!

She has lots of other friends who hang out at this bar,and I dont understand why,me,her DAUGHTER should have to plan this.

I'd have no problem planning something small like a dinner,but she has made it clear that she HAS to have a big bash and a stripper.

Secondly,I'am not wasting my money on a stripper! Not even to pay half or a portion!

She kind of just ambushed me into this and I'm starting to fume over it. I have REAL problems like with my child and school and really dont need to be burdened with crap like this right now.I know if I tell her she will just be mad at me though. She's been so depressed every day so I kinda feel like have too.

Any suggestions?

Comments (11)

Sponsored