SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmcdonald072

rejected by daughter

gmcdonald072
11 years ago

Hi! I hope someone can give me some direction in trying to deal with our daughter.

Our 38 yr old married daughter suddenley won't take our phone calls, won't respond in any way to messages left on their messaging machine,nor e-mails. Just nothing! I have tried to touch base with her at least once a week siince the beginning of may. The only response we've had is on our grandaughter's birthday. I had called the night before and left a message begging her to let our grandaughter talk to us on her birthday the next day. I left the time we would be calling. When we called our grandaughter answered. After we talked to her for a while, my husband asked if he could talk to our daughter. He was told that she was unavailable. Yesterday I called her work number.

This was the first time I tried there, as I hadn't wanted to upset her at work, but feel we are running out of options. The phone was answered the first time and immediately hung up. I tried again and it went to her voice mail. I did leave a message, but there's still no response. I've drafted a letter to her work e-mail, but not went it because i want to give her time to respond to my phone message. Inall my messages I have told her that we love her and want to meet her somewhere, anywhere she chooses whether it's at her home or anywhere else. There is not one thing that we can think of that would cause her to cut us like this

In the back of my mind I keep thinking she may be being threatened by her husband, as he is not the most stable person in the world. He has threatened to leave her in the past. In the letter I have drafted I asked that question.

We are thinking of just showing up at their house. Being there when she gets home from work.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I've cried so much and lost so much sleep that it's started to make me ill.

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis, and I fear the stress is taking it's tole.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors