SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
motwo

Childhood Fears

motwo
16 years ago

I am wanting to know and read about other parents experiances's with their child's fears. My mother in law told me after she has my son over night that he is having anxiety over his fear of dark and heights and she seemed to feel they were a bit extreme. My son is 7 for starters and yes he is afraid of the dark and of heights. Because he is a child and knowing it is normal for children to have fears of the unknown I do not think it is a big deal.My son is also a drama queen at best.So while he was walking up the church's three flights of stairs he was more then likely complaining that it is such a long way down and how afraid he was, I belive you can see through the stairs. As for the dark I know he will ask for me to turn on a light and perfers to sleep with the light on till he falls asleep which I then put on his night light.He has always had these fears and I do not find them extreeme. I also don't think they are causing him panic issues as I do know he likes to make a big deal out of everything not just the stuff he is afraid of.His fears are not interupting daily life so I am not worried.So am I right to think these are normal fears and is there any sugestions to help him over come them other then to give it all time?And how should I go about trying to assure the mother in law that my son is fine and doesn't need to see a dr over his childhood fears?

Comments (10)

Sponsored