SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livvysmom

My child is left out

livvysmom
18 years ago

My DD is 5 and there are two girls on our street that are 4. We actually introduced these two girls (one being our next door neighbor).

In the past month or so, these girls are always together and pretty much exclude my DD. They will even tell her they are going in for a popsicle but that she can't come. They go outside looking for eachother to play but neither comes by our house to look for my DD. My DD is in tears almost everyday. I did have my DD tell one of the girls mothers and she was very nice and invited my DD in (she also had a talk with her DD). The mother told me "it's hard when there is three of them."

I agree three is a crowd but it totally breaks my heart to see my kid being rejected. Do you think I should explain to my DD that these two girls want to play together and she should just leave them alone? She probably won't accept this anyway. I can't wait until winter -- that way if the two girls are playing together my DD won't see it!

As for other kids to play with, there is only one within walking distance (age 3) but the 4 year olds are more age-appropriate.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH