SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backhousia

Do I have a problem ?

backhousia
14 years ago

Not sure if I should be concerned about my son.

He is 17 and is still at school. He seems to make friends with different kids, but no firm pals. He will talk about one particular person for a period of time, and then we don't hear about that person for a while. He often says he doesn't fit in with the other kids because they don't talk about things he likes talking about. Going out and doing things with other kids is a sporadic event and he does not seem to initiate any social get togethers.

He is a person who is very intellectual and has a social conscience and his favorite topic is philosophy. He is into music and loves playing his guitar. He is a vegetarian. He works hard at his school work and wants to go to university. He gets on well with other adults.

I try to find out if he is hanging around with other kids at school and make suggestions about how to be sociable etc. But as you can imagine this is tricky information to extract from a teen.

I guess my concern is that he may be lonely as he doesn't fit in with the other kids. I don't want him to become depressed.

Any suggestions ?

I have spoken to his teacher's a while back, he started a new school, earlier this year. He has been at the school for 6 months now.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor