SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miscindy_gw

rumor about neighborhood child

miscindy
14 years ago

My son is in 6th grade and had a friend, Mike, over to play. Mike doesn't play with our son very often. He lives on the other side of the neighborhood and last year starting attending in the school district where his mother works. While Mike was over, another boy Sam came to play. After a while Sam asked to use the phone to call his mother. Shortly, his mother called back to talk to me. She said the reason her son called was because he's not allowed to play with Mike. The mother said Mike had physically hurt her son and daughter while playing at their house a few years ago and last year spread sexual rumors about the daughter around the elementary school, which got him expelled from the school. I have had some problems with Mike in the past, mostly with him being unkind to my younger son. I have allowed my 6th grade son to play at Mike's house more than him at our house, since my 6th grader seems to enjoy playing with him and that way, my younger son's not there.

Another mother in the neighborhood told me she doesn't let her son go to Mike's house because a few times he was there, the dad was sleeping (works odd shifts) and the boys were watching rated R scary movies.

I know the parents a little bit, and they seem like nice people. I met them at church.

How would you respond to the rumors about this child? I'm thinking about having the boys only play at my house where I can keep an eye on them. I have always been a little worried about Mike's influences--a little violent in his play and a year older, but in same grade.

Comments (5)

Sponsored