Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Need to share office w/DH & 4-yr old! Long...

Posted by annellis (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 04 at 16:53

The story I will try to make this easy:
I pulled my 4yr old DD out of preschool and will try the homeschooling thing this year in an effort to prepare me for when Kindergarten kicks in next year. She was in preschool MW&F. On those days, I did our accounting for our home-based business in our office in our garage w/my DH.

With DD being home, I will still need to work, however her naps are a hit and miss so I will try to do some of this when her TV time is "allowed," etc.

Here's the problem:
My DH and me need to share various files. It will be difficult for me to constantly run into the garage office to get what I need and to keep going back and forth. Our home computer is in our family room which I will use to do office stuff.

1)Should I leave it as is since the home computer is central to the home and run back and forth w/files?

2)We have 4 bedrooms, 1 the Master, 1 is DD's playroom, 1 is DD's bedroom, 1 is a workout room. Should I put my DH's office in one bedroom, the playroom and my office computer together in an adjoining room and make an area on my "desk" for her to play, and the workout room to the garage? The only bad thing is that if (I should say when) she throws a tantrum, it may be too noisy for my DH in the next room to work. I can't put her playroom and bedroom together as she has a problem going to bed then, although the toys could be somewhat split.

I will also need a file for homeschooling stuff.

I know this is confusing, but has anybody been in this situation and what would you do. The main problem is that my DH and I need some of the same office stuff. Any other ideas??????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Need to share office w/DH & 4-yr old! Long...

can you go "paperless" with your files for your home business? if you were to share the files on your computers, via a home network, it would eliminate the need for you to run back and forth between offices. you mention an office in the garage...is this a real office? complete with walls, rug and air conditioning..or is your DH sandwiched between the cars and the lawn equipment..lol.
if it's a real office, then i would leave it as it is, i konw if my husband had an office in the home, work would take him 10 times as long and he'd be 100 times more stressed and frustrated!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here