SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uriahsky

Conversing with my parents

uriahsky
16 years ago

Hello,

I am 46 year old male and I don't think I have ever? had a deep personal conversation or relationship with my parents. I am way closer to some friends that I rarely see and know.

Over the last 10 years I have been trying to develop a positive relationship with my parents and talk to them in a closer way. But nothing seems to work.

When ever we talk all of our conversations consist of the following four questions. (They live 10 hours away)

When they call they ask me. 1. How am I. 2. How is the weather. 3. What is the price of gas. 4. How my car is running.

Once those questions are asked and answered both ways. My Dad says, "Your Mom wants to talk to you" And She says "Well there is nothing going on around here" and the conversation winds to an end.

Now I have tried everything. Remember this is over a lifetime. I don't want to fill in all of the details or it will go on for pages. But most of ideas that quickly pop into your mind I have tried.

I am ready to just give up and answer the questions and never really know these people. But if there is some way to make contact I want to do it, before it is too late.

Any helpful ideas or experience with this kind of situation?

Thanks very much

Mr. Uriah sky

Comments (11)

Sponsored