Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about games

Posted by mWoods (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 04 at 14:31

Hi,just popping over from another forum to ask for some advice. Our son,DIL and grandson who's 11 plus a friend of his who's 13 will be spending next week with us on the ocean. I'm pretty savy as to what kids like to do as far as Gameboy and other things like that but what I know about board games would fill a thimble. I want to take a couple down there with us..something that would be fun for everyone,but especially the two kids. What I'd like is something that isn't competitive but more along the lines of just fun to play. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about games

A deck of cards is always a winner. Junior Outburst is great too. Also card games such as UNO, etc are good for all ages - adults too.

Outside games would be a good idea too. If you are by the ocean, you may not need as many games as you think. When we went to the ocean last summer, the kids were at the water all day and then we played some games at night or just vegged with movies. The house we rented had a pool table, so that was a big help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here