SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorup

Child moving in with mother

lorup
18 years ago

Here is my story,

My son came to live with me 8 years ago with the agreement of his mother. We have been divorced 12 years and live in different states about a 5 hour drive. Last year he told he that when he was visiting his family there that they were trying to get him to move back because they never see him. I wish to state that I have never stopped him from see any of them. I even drive half way up to meet them when they want to pick him up.

Then last fall I had a change in my job and would be gone for several months and then return but only be home Friday to Sunday. I also got married just before all of this happened. During the winter while I was away my son called his mother and begged her to come and get him (I only found this out much later) she said she would not until we all talked. Within the last few weeks my son was talking to his family up there and suddenly decided he wanted to live with his mother again. My first reaction was anger I could not understand why he would want to leave, I give him also everything he wants and needs and try to stay out of his business too much. I know that my job situation has been very depressing on everyone and tempers get short, mine probably the worst. I've been looking for a job near home but have had no response from the places I've applied.

It's like getting divorced all over again, What should I do??

Comment (1)

Sponsored