SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrowex

bedwetting........

dcrowex
16 years ago

My grandson is 5 yrs old and has started wetting the bed. He has had accidents in the past but it has been a long time. Now it seems he is doing it most every nite. We make sure he is not drinking a lot of fluids before bedtime and that he empties his bladder. He is very healthy, no problems, very happy little boy. No emotional issues we are aware of. The only upcoming change is he will be starting Kindergarden in a month but its hardly talked about right now and when it is, he is very excited about it. We are very cautious to comfort him about this and tell him "accidents happen" and I think he is embarrassed when he keeps waking up wet but now we are wondering what is going on. Any ideas?

my daughter was mentioning this morning about perhaps getting some of those pants he could wear to help keep him dry and right away he said, so i have to wear a diaper like a baby? of course we explained that was not the case but it tells us he is getting very self conscious about it. what makes kids start doing this all of a sudden?

thanks, deb

Comments (13)

Sponsored