SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oogiegirl22

Tips for getting child organized for school

oogiegirl22
17 years ago

My daughter will be entering 6th grade in a few weeks. She is in the middle school and they move each period throughout the day. She has a problem with oranization and I'm wondering if any of you have any tips on methods we can try to keep her together this year. Last year we started with a large 3 ring zippered binder with individual pocket folders for each class. This was fine at first but a few weeks into the year it proved to be a nightmare in that she would just throw the work into any folder and we had to spend a lot of time sorting through everything at home in order to do homework. We then switched to an expandable folder with individual sections for each class. This worked about as well as the 3 ring binder. THis year I'm thinking of skipping the "all inclusive" idea and just giving her a seperate folder for each subject and color coding it with a notebook and book cover for her text. The problem I see with this is that I AM QUITE CERTAIN she will "forget" to bring something home at the end of the day and her homework will not get done.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that I can use to help her get organized? She is very forgetful and I have had discussions with the school about this. They have granted her permission to keep a set of textbooks at home which was a great help. However, just getting her to bring home the necessary handouts, etc. is still a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored