Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
q's on babysitting con't

Posted by jazzygirl (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 23:08

I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF PARENTS NEED A BABYSITTER ON FRIDAYS OR DO MOST PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS THAT WILL DO IT? I AM ALSO WONDERING IF THERE WOULD BE ENOUGH PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WOULD NEED A BABYSITTER THAT IT WOULD BE A FAIRLY CONSISTENT SIDE JOB ON FRIDAYS?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: q's on babysitting con't

Let's move this duplicate post off the top.

o
RE: q's on babysitting con't

If you're trying to get into babysitting for a few extra $$$?

You're smart to assess the need. You really need to see what the situation is where you live. Ask around among your friends, your neighbors--most people do NOT want to hire someone they do not know to come into their homes and companion their children. So your best bet is to find friends and family members who might be interested in contracting your services.

Now, I have a question? What do you bring to the job? Are you qualified/certified in first aid? Are you reliable? Are you educated in child development, child safety issues? What kinds of activities would you be bringing to entertain your charges? What experience have you had supervising children? Do you have a reliable car and clean driving record (in case of an emergency). How do you keep your head in an emergency, for that matter? These are all questions you might be asked by responsible parents looking for a babysitter. The better your answers, the better chance you'll get the job, and be invited back a second/third time to work for them.

My suggestion would be to get yourself a first aid certificate that shows you've been qualified. Then put together a bag of activities for various ages, to show the parents that you really understand the role of a babysitter. You might consider putting together a questionaire so you'd have all the necessary info (where will parents be? emergency numbers if you can't reach the parents, pediatrician/hosptal/ambulance numbers, etc)

The more prepared you show yourself to be, the more likely you'll get the job, and in some cases, the more you'll be able to charge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here