Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
q's on babysitting

Posted by jazzygirl (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 22:56

I WAS WANTING TO BABYSIT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS, POSSIBLY SATURDAY NIGHTS. WHAT SHOULD I CHARGE PER CHILD? ALSO DO PARENTS PREFER MORE THAT THE CHILD BE BABYSAT AT THERE HOUSE OR MY HOUSE?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: q's on babysitting

The cost depends on your location, age and experience... also it may go up if there are a lot of kids. I personally prefer sitters to babysit at my house.. well, because it is childproof and all the kid's stuff is there. If your house is totally set up for kids, then I may not mind using your house instead.. just depends on the circumstances.. like will I be home before they have to go to bed, do you have food they will eat, etc.

I wouldn't mind having a babysitting to use every Friday night or so, but not sure you can really depend on it. You could offer to sit really cheap and someone may take you up on using you every Friday even if they don't really need you they could take advantage of the free time if you would do it for a very cheap amount. I would bet a single mom may need your help.

o

Typically you would babysit at the other person's house.

I know this isn't exactly what you've asked. I'm really picky about who I leave my kids with. I've never allowed anyone who wasn't a good adult friend or relative to watch my kids. Here are some suggestions/things to think about and also things that I would be looking for in a babysitter and whether I would hire him/her on a regular basis.

Write up a flyer that is equivalent to a resume/cover letter - name, address, phone number. What are your qualifications? Are you responsible and dependable? Do you have experience? Have you had any CPR or child care training? What days and what hours are you available? Do you have some people besides your mom and dad and other relatives that would give you a character reference? Do you have transportation to get to and from the job or do you need to be picked up? Will you play with the kids or will you pop a video in and have them watch tv the whole night?

o

THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK VERY HELPFUL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here