Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Proud of my hubby for finally dealing with it all!

Posted by pinkpeonies (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 08 at 20:58

My husband finally told his parents that he was really disappointed with them and how they acted at the christening.

They had been pushing for us to go out of town with them and we have a lot of work related stuff going on. They had sent an email last night that was kind of harsh on their end and did cross some boundaries.

He told them that again, we could not go out of town with them for July 4th and that he was disappointed with how they acted. That if they want to see us they have to understand that after repeat times of drama that it's hard for us to not have reservations for seeing them. It's draining on us and we have someone new to take care of.

I hope it is a step in the right direction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Proud of my hubby for finally dealing with it all!

pinkpeonies,

That's great that he took matters into his own hands and spoke to them about it. You must feel relieved. Maybe he'll be able to continue to be direct with them and not leave it up to you. Congratulations!

It's a move forward. Surely in the right direction.

o

Good for him, you've got a keeper there. Now you two have to act like his parents "get it", though they probably don't and never will. You need to have control over your life, especially with a child. Otherwise, trying to keep all the in-laws and out-laws happy will drive you nuts. Your MIL may escalate her attacks, but if you are firm and treat her with courtesy and respect, and don't get sucked into her craziness, things will certainly go better for you.

Good luck.

o

Glad he stepped up and did the right thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here