SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkpeonies_gw

I want to make sure I say the right thing for in-law visit

pinkpeonies
15 years ago

We are seeing in-laws for the first time since the incident.

My MIL was fussing at hubby last week that we have not been to their cabin. When he said we have the baby on a schedule she replied with that they use to take him every where.

They are seeing us this week. I know two things will come up.

Wanting us to come to the mountains with them for a weekend. It's not going to be possible for a while. Too much bad blood to spend a weekend together. Plus, MIL doesn't let you just relax. You have to do a major tour. The house is not set up for a baby at all. Right now I can't deal with packing a baby up for a few nights. There is too much going on to go out of town. We are not going anywhere. So it's not just in-laws.

Second wanting to know when they can babysitte.

They live just far enough from us that to take her to them to keep I would never get anything done. They are an hour in the wrong direction. I am breastfeeding and do not have reserves. I rarely get to have a sitter due to it.

I wish that we could trust MIL alone in our house. But, my hubby has a job where he has files on clients that are private. So we can't chance her looking in the files. Even though we lock it all up, she has gotten into things before.

I don't want to say "sorry you are nosey. You can't babysitte." Even though that is the major reason. She goes through our things.

I just want to make sure I say the right things. Help please. I am trying. I don't want to start a fight. I don't want to be walked all over.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor