Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Treasure's Trove

Posted by CheshireCat (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 05 at 15:39

Here is just a bit of back story...
So... i pick up this book a couple weeks ago called A Treasure's Trove by Michael Stadther-a friend suggested it.
It turned out to be a fantastic fairy tale with beautiful illustrations. I had a blast reading it with my son, who's now 6. The tale follows a group consisting of a human, a human/elf, a "doth" (looks like a cute winged dog) and various other creatures as they try to save the dying forest. It had very meaningful and moral ideas i ended up discussing with my son (preservation of nature, love and wildly challenging clues to boot)
OK, here is where we take a turn! In the book the team must search for these jewels. Now, in real life the makers of this book have decided to make a nationwide (U.S.) treasure hunt for jewels similar to those in the book. Decipher the clues from the book that lead to 12 different locations around the US. Find the location and find a gold token with instructions on how to get the jewel. The 12 jewels total over 1 million dollars in value!! crazy right?
Has anyone read this book? heard of it? hunting? I want to see what you all think about this.
It's a great idea for a book and has so much to offer in terms of family experience and I am pro anything that positively stimulates a child's interest in reading, so i recommend it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Treasure's Trove

I haven't heard of it, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to look for it.

o

AdellaBedella,

here is a site for the book:

www.atreasurestrove.com

o

Yes heard of it,,,,,sounds like a wonderful family "trip;,,,
Kids are so eternally fascinated with mystery and treasure....I think it's great to put it all together!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here