SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acer_gw

Oh, dear. Is my 6 year-old daughter over-sexed?

acer
11 years ago

Quite frankly, my younger daughter scares me. Since about age 4 she's been interested in boys, romance, and kissing. Before I go any further, I want to say that there is NOT any kind of abuse or weird stuff going on. I know. (I'm the mother.) Her attitude changes in the presence of boys or younger men, and she practically struts around, swinging those hips and trying to talk with a sophisticated accent. Today two cable guys came by, and she ran for the jewelry and bright pink lipstick her aunt gave her, then asked if she's pretty. Cue the party girl attitude and body language. I reminded her for the hundredth time that it's more important to be smart and kind, and she added "and beautiful". I was a tomboy and I'm still a little bit of a granola, wearing little to no makeup and ordinary clothes. It hurts a little because she seems to try hard NOT to be like me. Her sister is great in school, sports, and just about anything she tries, but my younger one is plump and struggling in school. I blame a lot of this on Disney and shows like Hannah Montana, etc. We've limited that, but we can't keep the infuence completely out of her life (that kind of stuff is everywhere, isn't it?). I DO NOT allow Bratz dolls or anything else that's sexy and marketed to children. Maybe I've made it "forbidden fruit"? Any thoughts?

Comments (11)

Sponsored