SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imaginny

For daughters & dil's with problems w/mother or mil

imaginny
15 years ago

This is the thread for daughters who are in pain over conflict or estrangement with their mothers or other relatives. If you are new to Gardenweb, please share your story in this thread. If you have been sharing your story of conflict and estrangement from your mother and/or mother-in-law on the threads of Gardenweb, please continue to talk about your experience in this thread so that the discussion can be consolidated in one place. When the thread reaches its maximum of 150 posts, a new thread will be started to continue the discussion.

If the discussion can be in one thread, it will make it easier to find everyone's stories on this topic.

For those who think that it is their place to come here and judge, criticize, and advise the daughters and DILs who post on this thread, if you haven't walked in their shoes yourself, do not assume that you know anything about their experience and that you have a clue what it is like. If you feel compelled to criticize, offer advise, and disparage the women who post in this thread, please begin another thread for you to do that in. You might label it something like, "What is wrong with you and what I think that you should do." Although that is a lengthy label. Perhaps you could call it, "My take on your life." That would cover it.

I am setting up separate threads because of the conflicts that have occurred in recent months in the threads on family estrangements.

A thread is also being set up for mothers who are in pain over the loss of their relationship with their grown children. I have had plenty of experience in being on the other side of the situation myself.

As for myself, I don't intend to write about my own experience except where it might help someone else with theirs. I have been estranged for many years from some of my relatives. I have felt the pain. I do know what it is like. Enough time has gone by that I do not feel the pain that I once felt although there is always that sense of loss, the wish that everything could be fixed and that harmony could reign.

In 2001 I set up a website and a blog on the subject of family estrangements that I link to from time to time. There you will find information on the subject, some of which might be helpful in your situation.

Ginny

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x