SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaaaaaaa_gw

Dealing with Teenage kids.

aaaaaaaa
15 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry, I had to post this msg here as there is no forum for Teenage kids issues in specific. Any one of you have teen/s kids may be able to help me out. My question isin case your are taking teenage son(13 yrs)and his friend out for movies -is it not necessary to get friendÂs parentÂs permission? Permission-- meaning like I call friendÂs mom or vise versa, just to drop a word. Especially, when I donÂt know his parents that wellÂin my case I have not seen them at all and have spoken over phone only once in all these years. However, friend had permission from his momÂit is only that mom had not spoken to me directly.

I refused to take my sonÂs friend because of this whole Âpermission issue. I voluntarily called friendÂs momÂat that time she said that her son is not going to movies. Minutes before talking to me she spoke to my son and said that ÂI had given him permission, if your mom whatÂs to talk to me, I do not want to get into all of thisÂÂI am not sure what she meant. My son is upset with the whole issue and feels that I should have just taken them to movies.

Has the times changed? Or is it ÂTeenageÂ. My friends think same way as I do. Please, can any one of you let me know if I did the right thingÂand how can I convince my son. Any suggestion is helpful.

Thanks

a

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County