SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bnicebkind

Issues with Teens and Text Phones?

bnicebkind
15 years ago

Anyone bothered about your teens use of cell phones and texting? Every teen I know constantly has their cell phone in hand or very close by, and are texting "regularly" while awake. What rules do those with teens have (regarding phones) in your home? Are your teens open about who they are texting and communicating with, or secretative and how has having the phone affected their attitude in general, and relationships with family members? Have their grades changed since getting the phones? Are they texting in the middle of the night that you are aware of? Are they texting "during" school? One woman told me her son was texting during classes with his hand in his backpack to friends in other classes or his girlfriend in another school. His grades have dropped so low, he will be lucky to get into a community college unless he gets it rapidly turned around.

Anyway, I have not seen it mentioned here, and I am wondering what those of you with teens think about your teens and their phones?

A child therapist I know told me that teens are all telling the parents that they are using their phones as an alarm clock, and that is why they want them so near them at night. She said what is realy going on is that many of these teens are texting at 2:00 am and 3:00 am even on school nights.

Comments (12)

Sponsored