SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninos_gw

Speech Delayed

ninos
16 years ago

My son is 4 and will be 5 in october. He has been behind in speech since he could talk. When he turned 2 i took a class called "It takes two to talk." Being he is my third child i was already doing the right things and the class did not help much. I stuck with it to keep my foot in the door for further help. At age 3 he started the Early Childhood Speech program. Luckily he has a late birthday and will not begin kindergarten till next year. He will spend this coming school year in his speech class. I never was worried about him. I have to admit that he is the baby so their is a part of me that likes his baby talk. I am becoming worried now. When i watch him interact with other kids(especially boys), they are not always nice to him. Most of them dont realize that they are being mean. However some are just plain mean. They say things to him when they here him speak like "Whats wrong with you" or "Why cant you talk" and many others. I am becoming the mother hen. I rarely let him out of my sight when we are around people that we dont know. His feelings get hurt and when he crys i have to be there for him. I pray this year we will see great improvement. He is very smart. He speaks in complete sentences. The hard part is uderstanding the words especially letters F,C,K,S,and H. I guess what concerns me most is his social skills. They are actually pretty good even though he is a bit shy at first. What scares me is his feeling getting hurt with other kids and eventually it tears down his social skills. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH