SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary214

Son leaving for college

Mary214
11 years ago

Hello. I'm new here and hope to get some suggestions, tips and support on how to say goodbye to my 17 y.o. son when he leaves for college at the end of this summer. He initially didn't want to go away, but the local community college credits wouldn't transfer to the larger colleges. So, he made the decision to go away. He seems quite happy about it and eager to experience college life. He and I have always been close, and honestly he's never been away from home, so this will be a huge adjustment for everyone. I am divorced and also have another son who will be 15 this summer. It's going to be difficult to leave my older son, and I have already shed more than a few tears, and he's still home! The college is about 6 hours away!! I am divorced, and my ex and I are able to tolerate each other, but I can't depend on him for emotional support. I have suggested to my son that his dad take him up to college when the day comes, but my son said he wants me to go as well. I honestly don't know how I will do this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)

Sponsored