SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krissie55

Sleepovers at grandparents

krissie55
16 years ago

How frequently do most grandchildren spend the night with grandparents when they live in the same city, a mile apart?

Our grandchilden, ages 3, 5, 6, 9, (same family)live one mile from us and they do come over during the week as a rule. Currently I am teaching the 6 & 9 year old girls to sew and they are here for several hours (some sewing, lots of playing). The 3 and 5 year olds come on another afternoon to play each week. We take our daughter and grandchildren out to eat every Sunday after church with us.

The other grandparents live 20 miles away and frequently have the older girls spend the weekend with them.

My oldest daughter (not married, no children) threw it up to me today that the other grandmother has the 2 older girls over frequently on weekends and I should think about that.

I am not in competition with the other grandparents. I usually wait for the grandchildren to ask to spend the night, I do not initiate it. I have health problems and my stamina is not that great. This week they did ask but due to not feeling well I suggested we have a slumber party on the next weekend.

When we have a slumber party here, I have all 4 of the children. I feel the younger children need to be loved and spoiled by the grandparents too!! I am constantly hopping here and there with them and it takes more energy than I have at times.

Am I being selfish to not initiate sleepovers more frequently? I am an older grandmother, 72.

Krissie

Comments (9)

Sponsored