Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi, new to this board...

Posted by wendylynders (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 15, 08 at 20:39

My name is Wendy. I am the mother of three... 20, 17 and 3.

I guess I feel the need to be here as my son has autism and is in the hospital now. He will be in a group home/ assisted living when he leaves the hospital.

I miss him everyday. I am having a really hard time with it. It just isn't supposed to be this way.

We are just now trying to make others aware of autism as many people don't understand it. Also, one in 150 children born today are diagnosed with autism, so it is a huge number. Awareness and research is a must.... but support for those that have it is just as important.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autism awareness and resources, our family blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi, new to this board...

I am so sorry. There are so many sad things that happen in life. Why is your dear son in the hospital? Is it connected with his autism or an unrelated illness?

What would be your preferred situation for him rather than the group home?

o
RE: Hi, new to this board...

Sorry to hear this. If I had it to do over I would never let my children have the shots they give children, because of the aluminum and mercury in the shots. I read a report of tests they did in California. They took a certain area and gave the usual children's shots, but they left out the mercury and those young children did not have problems they are having now. Our grandson has one of the problems and he has to take meds or he can't go to school.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here