SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maisyb_gw

Can Montessori be a bad fit for some kids?

maisyb
18 years ago

Hi,

My normally outgoing and happy 3 year old really doesn't appear to like her Montessori preschool. She often says she doesn't want to go and has several times been very whiny after school. The teacher says she often has a hard time focusing on the lesson and can disrupt group. This is much different from what I see at home, how she acts at Sunday school, and how she is for basically everybody but her teacher at school. She has no problem focusing at home...for example, she can put together a 50 piece puzzle in one sitting with no problem. I know its possible that she just doesn't like the teacher, or some of the kids, but I am also wondering if the Montessori method can be a bad fit for some kids. The teacher indicated that she gets frustrated when told to stop her work, or when she is told she can't work with other kids on a particular task. It seems to me that if she really doesn't want to go to school and the teaching method is potentially the issue, then we could be doing her more harm than good by sticking with it. Any thoughts? I have several friends whose kids LOVE their preschool and that is how I feel it should be...that is why I am worried. Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH