Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Death of my child

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 02 at 23:36

I was wondering if any of you have lost a child through death? We lost our 19 year old daughter on April 5, 1998. She was trying to save the life of our dog who had been hit by a car. She was hit by a truck and died 15 hours later from massive head and chest injuries. It is a pain that my husband and I could have never ever conceived existed in this life. It is always helpful to communicate with other parents who have experienced the same loss. I would appreciate any response.
See: www.angelfire.com/la2/OurAngel/ChristinCosby.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Death of my child

I am so sorry for your loss.

(((Hugs)))

o

I'm also sorry for your loss. Your website is so touching and beautifully done. Christin was a beautiful girl.

o

Thank you Carlotta and Jamie. I truly hope that if you have children, no matter how old they are, that you never have to experience burying them.
Thank you also for taking the time to look at the website. I have been wanting to change the pictures on the site for so long now, and just haven't had the time. Today was my last day of work, and now I am retired. Maybe now, I can catch up on some of the things that I have been wanting to do for so long.
Thanks again. Lulie

o

I am very sorry for your loss. Lots of (((((((((Hugs)))))))). Your website is a wonderful tribute to your daughter. Thanks for sharing it with us.

o

What a beautiful site. I've put off looking at this until I was alone, I knew I would cry and didn't want anyone to see me.

I don't even want to imagine your sorrow. My best friend's son became an angel last year at the age of 15. I see her sorrow and hurting and know that there is no way I can take the pain away, just be there to help lessen it when I can. I feel the same for you. By admiring your beautiful daughter I hope I have somehow lessened the pain just a little!

Thank you for sharing her with me!

Vickey-MN

o

I remember when my DD was little - less than a year old (I was holding her on my hip). We were in a fabric store & a very old man (over 80+) walked up to me. He told me he had buried his only daughter when she was 15 & he hoped I never had to go through that. I was in shock & didn't know what to say, but it was obvious he was still grieving the loss of his precious treasure years later. Since then, I've regularly prayed for all people who have lost their children.

o

Our youngest son was killed in a freak accident when he was seven years old....that was in 1977, the same day Elvis Presley died. We were camping 600 miles from home....worst day of our lives.
All I can tell you is that the huge hole in your heart and your soul mend....it is never the same but things do get easier and the memory of the horror of the death lessens and the happy memories become more prominent. I think was still bothers us both is that we think we are doing well, then something happens to reminds us of that awful day and it all comes flooding back....fortunately those times become less and less prevalent.
I had a hard time with people ignoring the fact that we had a loss....they didn't know what to say so they acted like nothing happened. It took me a long while to realize they were doing the best they could. Same holds true with those people who said the wrong thing. Like the Hospice RN who told me she knew how I felt because her kitten just died. I told her there was no comparison and that I hoped she would never know how I felt.
I will keep you in my prayers.

o

My neighbor lost her daugher at age 35 (who was 2 years older than I am) 8 years ago. She's JUST now getting to the point that she can talk about her & funny things she did. I'm glad she's healing.

o

My sister lost her first child to SIDS. My heart goes out to you who have lost children. I know there's no pain like that one. Please accept my deepest sympathy and my prayer that you all continue to heal from this.

Denise

o

There's a lump in my throat that won't go away just thinking of the pain and grief of those who have had to lay their child to rest. I wish no one ever had to experience such a tragedy, not at any age. My cousin died at age 19 in a car accident. My aunt, who has 3 other children, has never been the same. This was over 20 years ago.

o

Lulie, and all of the rest of the parents who have experienced a tragic loss of their loved one, I am very sorry for the sorrow you must have felt and still feel at times today. When I was 17, a senior in high school, my boyfriend of 2 years died in a serious car accident with two other boys. Also, that same year, three other seniors died. Two in tragic accidents and one by a cerebral hemmorhage. What a year that was. I would never want to go back, but what it did for me was to make me realize how prescious life is and what really matters are the small things. My sociology teacher that year gave me a poem after my boyfriend's death that I have remembered to this day, 19 years later, it really meant a lot.
"I walked a mile with pleasure
she chattered all the way
but left me none the wiser
for all she had to say.

I walked a mile with sorrow
and never a word said she
but oh, the things I learned from her
when sorrow walked with me.

o

Lulie,
That is the most beautiful site I have ever seen.What a lovely young woman she was.My daughter is 17 and left for school this morning angry with me and seeing your site makes me want to just hold her and never let go.I'm so very sorry for your loss and pain.May God give you stregnth till you can see your precious girl again.
Shelia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here