Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just wanted your opinion?

Posted by wiccandreams9999 (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 20:03

I am a 30 year old who is a recovoring antisocial individual for about 10 years. I was going to write a book about my life and what things helped me and wanted to know it others being the community would find it useful. I dont think that a book to help parents of antisocial children has ever been writen by a recovering antisocial. What do you all think, just wondering.
Thanks, Steven

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just wanted your opinion?

Hello Steven

I think books that recount an individual's journey are always interesting to read. Sounds like you have a lot to offer..go for it.

Perhaps you could define "antisocial" a bit more.

o

"antisocial" sounds a lot stronger than "asocial" or "poorly socialized"....phases that many young people pass through. I, too, would appreciate clarity on that.

Ten years ago for you would be 20 -- typical "angry young man" period for many, and usually short-lived. From your post, I suspect your experience was deeper and longer-lasting. Spill yer guts. What do think is/was unique about your experience and insights?

o

Must be pretty important to you, judging from your quick response -- not. Appears your "recovery" is a ways off, yet. So...you've got what particular advice for other people? I'm thinking maybe you'd best attend to yourself. If you were Joe Hollywood or had something else going on, maybe people would be interested in what you have to say. If you're just another schmuck with problems, good luck about finding publishers or customers. Appears to me you're most likely JAS.

o

asolo...

You are too funny....I really like your style....

o

If I could just get a 1/2-dozen or so local gals to think that way, life would be quite wonderful, I think. Alas.

o

Hey asolo,

Well 1/2-dozen or so local gals? I don't know where local is, but juggling that many me thinks you are either courageous, have lots of time on your hands or maybe just insane!

I do however much appreciate your sense of humor. Thank you too for improving my vocabulary. I can think of many situations where I could use JAS quite liberally, and maybe a few variations too.

Keep up the good work and love your responses....It put a smile on my face....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here