SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_v_gw

Daughter moving-not good circumstances

susan_v
14 years ago

My 24 yr old daughter is in the process as I type of moving out. She has rented an apartment with a guy she barely knows that was just released from drug rehab-no job-no car-no anything.. He exists on unemployment comp. She began a good job 2 months ago yet is still far behind in overdue bills. I am beside myself on this & I am far from able to support this decision. I wish I were able to have some happiness for her but all I see is impending doom. My guess is she will tire of the situation & leave & eventually be sued for the rent as her name is on the lease as well. I told her dad I in NO way will bail her out as I am now watching my credit rating go to the toilet as she is in arrears 4 months on a loan I co signed. I also look at this guy & wonder WHERE did she find him? No class-no ambition -nothing. A far far cry from how she was raised. I am literally sick to my stomach & fear impending estrangement by this situation. I in no way am supporting her in this & my position is clear. Any advice please?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm