SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppingrays

15 yr. old son quitting sports

poppingrays
14 years ago

I just wanted to throw this in the mix to see what sort of insights any of you may have. I have a 15 yr. old son, who until this spring, has always chosen to be involved in football, wrestling and track. He's played football with his school since age 10.

He'll be going into his sophmore year in H.S. and he told me that he no longer wants to play football. He claims the coaches are biased on who they let play first string. He goes to a small rural H.S. and he's started in all of his games up to this point! I'm not a "booster mom" nor do I have any older sons that have played football for this school and those are the reasons my son says he won't be able to start in future games. He's a decent, solid player, great on the line, but definately not the "star" player due to him not putting 100% in most things he does. He definately has the abilities.

I feel he's worried he's going to be stuck starting only for J.V. and that he's getting picked on from other FB players in his grade that will be playing varsity this year. I told him the decision is his, I certainly wouldn't mind a break from the expense of FB equipment. He claims he is going to wrestle, but he ended up missing his sports physical that the school provides at low cost. Now I'll have to take him to our family doctor and pay twice as much for a physical. I'm not really sure what to make of this...

Comments (9)

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz