Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forum for kids facing Surgery??

Posted by caybound (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 11:14

My 10 year old niece is having surgery soon. Anyone know of an internet forum where kids interact & talk about their experiences? Any for PARENTS as well(my sis & B-I-L are anxious, naturally)?
Many Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forum for kids facing Surgery??

You can try Care Pages... I've created a page there before for a family member's child who was terminally ill. There are forums and you can create a page for friends and family to post. It's kind of like a mix between GardenWeb and Facebook but centered on health.

Best wishes for your niece!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Care Pages

o
RE: Forum for kids facing Surgery??

You might also suggest they contact the hospital--there are generally support groups of other children who have had or will have surgery. A forum would be good, but face to face chats would be even better--your niece would be able to see that the other kids are doing well. I know one of the things that REALLY helped my Dniece when she had to have scoliosis surgery was getting together with other kids, hearing their stories, learning what to expect, and knowing that things really would be okay after the recouperation period.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here