SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen10125

I hate Mothers Day

Karen10125
9 years ago

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one in the world to feel this way. I am a mother of 4 adult children. I am far from being the perfect person or even mother, but I can honestly say that I've devoted my life to them. They were always my first priority and having come from a very poor, large family myself where no one got any real individual attention, I made sure that my children got that attention from me. I encouraged them to do well in school and be involved in activities and always praised them (something else I didn't get as a child) and put all 4 of them thru college, an opportunity I never had. So now that they're grown and have accomplished so much and I'm very proud of them, I just expect a small token of appreciation on Mothers Day and I never get it or get very little and it's usually late. I have friends who abandoned their children at one time or another and they are treated better than me. Trust me, I'm not looking for dinner or even flowers, I don't even want my kids to spend $ on me. It's about the effort. Honestly, just a cheap card would be fine with me, or maybe a cup of coffee. Knowing every year I'm going to be crying by the end of the day, I just hate this day with a passion. I know I'm a good mom, actually an awesome mom. I didn't have a very good mom, to this day she barely gives me the time of day and never says thank you to me for anything I do for her, and I still send her a card. I don't want to talk to them about it because then I feel selfish and it's embarrassing. My children are all very intelligent successful people, it's not like they don't know what's right and they were certainly taught better. I just don't get it and I'm so tired of being sad on a day that I'm supposed to be recognized.

Comments (4)

Sponsored