SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

what to advice adult children about relationships

finedreams
15 years ago

My daughter (21) is asking me for advice in relationship. I have very hard time and don't find msyelf helpful. I don't want to advice her because she needs to do what is right for her. Normally my attitude is to not advcie anything. I tried to just listen but it is not helpful either. I find myself getting terribly upset whenever my daughter shares wiht me relationship dillemas. First of all if she is uspet i feel uspet too and second of all i have no clue how to help. Anyone has any clue how to deal with adult children asking advice in a relationship?

PS If you want to know specific issue is that DD has been in a cohabitating relationship close to two years but she knows they have no future (very different life plans after graduating college), relationship is going OK although it went a bit downhill because when one (or both) know there is no future it is hard to go forward. On one hand why spend years wiht someone you won't stay with on the other hand why fix somehting what isn't broken...

The thing is that she is getting increasingly upset over it and it makes me sad too. Don't know what to tell her.

Comments (8)

Sponsored