Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Graduation gift

Posted by ninos (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 07 at 15:45

My niece on my husband side wil be graduating high school. Im not sure what dollar amount to give. When i asked my friends what they recieved many years ago,thier responces really varied. Some received nothing and some received $50. I remember getting about $200 from my aunt and uncle. What is the appropriate amount? Also, what is the appropriate amount for college grad?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Graduation gift

My kids got aprox $20-$25 from their Aunts and Uncles...depends on how close you are, how much you can afford to give. That amount was the usual they received. (graduates in 1999, 2003 and 2005)

Vickey-MN

o
RE: Graduation gift

I would think $50 for high school would be fine. But, as vickey mentioned it really depends on how close and what you can afford. $10 may be a generous/affordable gift for some to give whereas others may be easily able to give $250.

I have noticed that the childless relatives often tend to give a little more. It just really depends on your specific circumstances. I might do a little more for college (maybe even $100); then again if you have like 10 nieces graduating soon that could get really high.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here