Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone here have pictures of their kids playrooms....

Posted by superlady (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 11:27

I am trying to get ideas for playrooms and bathrooms. If you have either could you please post them.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone here have pictures of their kids playrooms....

I don't have pictures of mine. I think you could probably get some good ideas from doing a Google image search on "kid playroom" and "kid bathroom."

o

I don't have any pictures but I remember being in a kid's bathroom once that I just loved. The walls were white but then the kids' painted handprints were organized all over the wall in different primary colors...am I making sense? Anyway, it was really cute.

o

We used an overhead projector, traced a Shrek coloring book onto the clear sheets and then traced onto the wall. Then we got the Disney paint from Home Depot (or Lowe's?), and colored it in. We also got a lot of the Disney characters stuffed animals. We didn't know if we were having a girl or a boy, so it is quite unisex. When baby number 2 comes along, I won't need to change anything!! For her bathroom I chose Tropical Frogs at Kohls. It is really cute, different from the regular old green froggy bathroom. It isn't finished yet, so no picture of that :) Here is the link to Kohl's though, and just search for 'Tropical Frogs'. :) Christy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohls

o

Is a kids playroom the same as their bedroom? My kids have never had a bedroom so sorry. But if they did,I would love 2 paint a big mural on the wall. And I've seen blinds that make a picture when there closed like MickeyMouse or the Disney Princess'. I think that was cute.

o

That is a really neat room, and a very pretty baby. You did such a great job on the painting too.
I just wanted to make note of the fact that you have the cords from the window blind tied up high so the baby can't get hold of them some day.
There have been stories of children strangling themselves on blind or curtain cords so close to the bed. I fasten the cords up on our blinds to keep the kitties safe too.

Good job.

o

Good job, Christy, that looks really nice. I like the chair near the tree trunk, its really creative.

o

Sorry Cylince, we have a bedroom, no playroom. I wish I had a playroom, though! I could get all of the toys out of my living room, guest bedroom, kitchen, hallway, foyer, and my own bedroom :)

Thanks mary1helen2 and popi, we had a lot of fun painting it!! I'm not very creative, so I'm quite proud of myself :) Christy

o

christy2828 that's a beautiful room....wow!

o

cylince...your children have never had a bedroom? Where do they sleep?

o

I "think" she just got the words switched around and meant that they had no playroom...not bedroom.

o

I not so sure she got the words mixed up. I am also starting to suspect whether or not she is sincere. :) Christy

o

oh..you may be right. I think she may be the one that lives in the trailer with a lot of problems. Her suggestions to the OP sounded sincere though... I've seen those picture blind things somewhere. Don't know about the other posts of hers though.

o

Oh, you're right. For some reason I thought she was the OP. :) Christy

o

Christy I am the OP and I am very sincere in my questions. We just moved into our first home last year and so very new to this decorating thing so I am looking for inspiration to get started on decorating my whole house. Thanks for posting though.

o

Superlady, I don't doubt that you are sincere in your questions. I got a different poster mixed up with you. Sorry for the misunderstanding :) Christy

o

No problem. Anymore playroom pics?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here