Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help son with math

Posted by Lucy34527 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 9:39

Anyone know any resources or websites to help my step son get better at math. He struggles due to his mother letting him play video games and doing his homework for him. When he is at our home we make him practice it but I feel he might get better at it if we found something more engaging and entertaining.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help son with math

There are a lot of fun learning games for children out there. If that doesn't work, get him a tutor. A student tutor can often relate better to a child than a stressed out parent and have better results.

o

How old is your stepson? Google math blaster and see if that site is appropriate.

My kids loved Operation Neptune, which is an old computer math game. I think it is available online through a site that lets people play retro games on the internet.

If we knew how old he was, we might have better suggestions.

I think you're right, your stepson would probably enjoy math better if you found some online games he liked.

o

He is seven. I will look up those websites and see if any of them engage him. Thank you so much!

o

My daughter has been using beestar math. The questions are all very good and DD finds the questions interesting and challenging and enjoy solving them. I like the summary of the kids standing every week and entire term.
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here