Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone else use a Montessori 'floor bed'?

Posted by hilmamasouthbend (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 20:37

We have had our twelve month old in a floor bed since she was a newborn and she slept 12 hrs through the night since then. Over the past month or so, since she's crawling, she will just crawl to the door and cry/bang until we come put her back in bed, sometimes 4,5,6 times a night!!! OMG!! What happened? Now what do I do? She doesn't want to play or eat, she just wants us to put her bink back and put her back in bed, but that's still interrupting ALL our sleeps! HELP! Should I just let her cry? I know she can crawl back into bed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone else use a Montessori 'floor bed'?

Why not put the bed in your room for a while? Kids change over time, and their needs change over time. Perhaps just being in the same room with you and your spouse will comfort her.

I'm a big believer in having kids sleep in the same room as their parents though (not necessarily in the same bed).

It drives me crazy when people HAVE to sleep with their dog but their newborn/kid is down the hall alone.

o
RE: anyone else use a Montessori 'floor bed'?

I guess you just have to keep putting your baby back in bed, until she gets the message, that "this is where I sleep".

The question is "is a child of 12 months capable of understanding this"?

Why do you use this sort of bed ? Why not a cot ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here