SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenannie_gw

Estrangement need a listening ear

karenannie
15 years ago

Hi, I am new here and just don't know where to turn. I am the mother of 5 children. I was divorced from an abusive/alcoholic husband and remarried a wonderful man in 2002. Almost immediately my then 15 year old son, began rebelling and getting into trouble. He was accustomed to doing what he wanted and treating me like his dad did. With my new husband, there were rules and respect was expected. My son hated that and decided to move in with his dad. He came over periodically, but was generally rude and combative. The rest of my children were very close and loving to us. My youngest daughter was my dearest friend and when she left for college in 2006, we were still close. She lasted only 6 weeks and when she came back I found that much of her senior year in high school and the summers were a lie--she had been drinking and having sex and I was none the wiser. She missed the boyfriend while away at college so she made up some excuses to come back. She was with us for 3 weeks and was sullen, reclusive and miserable the whole time. She barely came out of her room. Finally she told us she was moving out with the boyfriend. We did not part in a bad way, although we were devastated. A few weeks later, I received a series of emails containing videos (from her email account) each was of her boyfriend masterbating. I vomited on my keyboard and immediately contacted her asking her why she did this to me. Instead of feeling mortified, she accused me of hacking into her email account. I can barely figure out my own computer, let alone hack into someone's account. I kept this information to myself because I knew that if my husband heard this, it would kill him as he has serious health issues. Since that episode, she has cut me off completely--and any progress that I have made with my estranged son has also gone by the wayside. She has blocked my phone numbers and email accounts and has badmouthed me to my relatives, friends and anyone else she can find. I feel so isolated and alone and don't know where to turn. Part of me is so angry that she accused me of this, and driven me from my family, and part of me misses her and my son terribly. I think about them all the time, pray for them and hope that they come back to us. Is there anything I can do? My other three children and I are very close, but always in the back of my mind, I think that they will leave me too. I don't understand how, after raising children and putting their needs first that this would happen. They were all homeschooled, treated well and given all that I could give them. Please, if anyone has any encouragement or advice for me, I would most appreciate it. thank you

Comments (7)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA