SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodhome631

Not enjoying being a mom: what's wrong with me?

goodhome631
15 years ago

I have a 3.5 yo and a 7 mo. My husband works a lot (every day) and we are in a relatively new area where I don't have any family and not really any close friends. I guess that could all explain my feelings.

But my husband and I just had a big discussion where we shared that we are feeling like robots, just getting everything done. There is no pleasure or joy in each other. I am yelling at our 3.5 yo way too much. We both sadly have taken out our frustration on the 3.5yo at times (just yelling).

I feel so lost and confused. My mom lives 3 hours away and doesn't like my husband (and vice versa). I don't confide in her. My other relatives are 2 hours away.

I work full-time from home and my husband has discouraged my suggestion that we get a sitter and go out ourselves. He wants us to just be more sharing and caring in our daily life (and more sex, which has been nonexistant). I just feel lost and I don't want this all to affect my children. But of course I'm sure it is.

Part of the problem is my 7mo is up a lot a night and I'm nursing her. I don't get much sleep.

Have any of you older moms gone through this period and does it get better as the kids get older?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville