SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodhome631

Not enjoying being a mom: what's wrong with me?

goodhome631
15 years ago

I have a 3.5 yo and a 7 mo. My husband works a lot (every day) and we are in a relatively new area where I don't have any family and not really any close friends. I guess that could all explain my feelings.

But my husband and I just had a big discussion where we shared that we are feeling like robots, just getting everything done. There is no pleasure or joy in each other. I am yelling at our 3.5 yo way too much. We both sadly have taken out our frustration on the 3.5yo at times (just yelling).

I feel so lost and confused. My mom lives 3 hours away and doesn't like my husband (and vice versa). I don't confide in her. My other relatives are 2 hours away.

I work full-time from home and my husband has discouraged my suggestion that we get a sitter and go out ourselves. He wants us to just be more sharing and caring in our daily life (and more sex, which has been nonexistant). I just feel lost and I don't want this all to affect my children. But of course I'm sure it is.

Part of the problem is my 7mo is up a lot a night and I'm nursing her. I don't get much sleep.

Have any of you older moms gone through this period and does it get better as the kids get older?

Comments (11)

Sponsored