SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beezy_junker

Advice Needed

beezy_junker
13 years ago

OK, this is a convoluted situation. My husband�s niece and her husband had been out of touch with all of her extended family ever since they got married. They reached out last year and invited us all into their lives. Not sure of the whole story but something went on with her parents that caused an estrangement. After being invited into their lives, my husband and I spent a wonderful year getting to know them and babysitting their two young children. Three months ago, they dropped back out of touch. Finally the nephew-in-law called last night and let me know that while they valued our relationship, their 3.5 year old daughter had expressed a dislike to spending time with us. She was not able to verbalize any reason for this. Because of her feelings, they have decided to step back and allow her to dictate the limits on our involvement. I am very confident in the knowledge that neither my husband nor I did anything on purpose to warrant this reaction from her and I feel that the cause was simply that we were being associated with parental separation (only seeing the children for babysitting). I am very confused as to exactly what I am supposed to be feeling. Anybody that would like to take a stab at the situation, please feel free.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus