SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfosscpa

Info wanted-clothing size, diapers & growth experience

cfosscpa
20 years ago

I've heard it said that a child will be able to wear the shorts from the prior year after they have finished potty training. That's because the manufacturers leave enough room for the diaper, and when the diaper isn't there, the child's growth is accomodated.

Did any of you experienced mom's have that happen? Or is this purely a myth? Or maybe it just depends on the child's size and when they're potty trained (18 months vs say 3 years could make a big difference).

My daughter is just barely 3. She's worn 3T clothing for the last year, and is going through a growth spurt and just starting to wear 4T's. I won't have much time to buy clothing in the summer, so I'm trying to get it done within the next month or so. But I'm unsure as to whether or not to buy 4T shorts or if she'll still be able to wear last year's 3T shorts. Pants, shirts, etc. certainly disprove the theory because they are just too short. But length of shorts is less of an issue. But tightness around the waist is important (gotta be able to pull it down by herself).

What's your experience?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH