SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Mother just dropped her kid off

moonie_57 (8 NC)
17 years ago

Got a knock on the door and there stands one of my 14 y/o daughter's friends. We had stayed up very late last night working on crafts and she had just gotten out of bed so I told him to give her a few minutes to get dressed and stuff.

His mother just dropped him off. I recognized the vehicle when I heard it stop outside, but didn't know who it was at the time, and didn't see the kid until he knocked. She gave us no phone call, no coming in to see what we were doing today.. nothing! The kid said he was just going to hang around here today.. he has several friends in the neighborhood.

I pondered over whether or not he had plans to go to someone elses house.. whether he was just allowed to "hang around", or if she just assumed I'd look after him. While I was still thinking this over, he and daughter went over to a friends house. I didn't want to question him and embarrass him by letting on that it was wrong for her to just assume he's welcomed here. So, I called her cellphone and got that generic "not available" message.

These kids used to hang out together quite a bit but not so much lately. Several times she dropped him off without talking to me, but that was after phone calls between the two kids and I knew he was coming. I'm just rather shocked that neither daughter or I knew he was coming, and he was just left!

And it's saturday morning and I have not cleaned house yet. Hate it when people show up unexpected like that.

This is a nice kid. I like him and don't want to embarrass him but I don't want to be responsible without prior arrangement either.

Comments (21)

Sponsored