Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DS has mono......

Posted by believer (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 11:27

DS16 has mono....He has been sick with one thing or another for 2 months or so. His test came back positive today....I feel really tired to but for me I think it is just stress.

For those of you who pray I'd appreciate some sent our way. For those of you that don't any positive thoughts our way would be appreciated also. He is having a hard time. We have decided to wait and have him start his new school at the beginning of next year since he has had so much trouble keeping up his grades lately and with this new development he is going to really have trouble. Yikes....does it ever stop!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DS has mono......

oh no! that's terrible!! how long does the doctor think he'll be ill?

o

Hi Silver,

The nurse said he wasn't suppose to do anything physical for 4 weeks. They didn't say anything else. He started out with the flu and that went into bronchitis and then the ear infection and sore throat that he has now so I had him tested for mono and bingo!

My DD20 had it at this age too.

Life is wonderful!

My DH said he had it as a kid and had a mild case but a friend had it and it lasted 6 months.

Maybe he'll listen to me now about burning the candle at both ends....poor kid.

o

It is direct contact disease so if you don't have a dish washer, pour boiling water over your flatware and don't kiss him. LOL Don't share a drink with him or share a burger or straw.

The most common place to get this is eating in a restaurant. He is not as likely to get it there as adults are. Kids usually eat fast foods.

o

Thanks Stargazzer.....I think he should just go and live in the shed for a while. I'm so tired of sick kids. I have managed to stay relatively healthy this winter....thank God.

I'll be running everything through the dishwasher....even him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here