Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cell phone rant!!!!!!

Posted by sophiesmom4 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 10:55

Let me preface this rant by stating that my kids are generally polite. I have tried to teach them manners.
BUT THE CELL PHONES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.
This isn't just my kids either.
Is anyone else tired of listening to others conversations everywhere, with the only recourse being to isolate yourself? I don't WANT to hear things that should be personal in the supermarket, thank you.
I have told all my kids that, for whatever reason, when they are on their cellphones, they are much louder, and probably don't realize it.
I have been IN THE MIDDLE OF A SENTENCE and if a the phone rings, it's more important. Texts get answered before I do!This also happens with friends. What happened to phone courtesy?
Sorry. just a rant (climbing down off soapbox...).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cell phone rant!!!!!!

I know what you mean!! I absolutely HATE seeing people walking through the grocery store ignoring their kids while one handed pushing a cart around and talking on the cell!

Sometimes I think cell phones are ruining society.

But they are just so darn convenient at times...lol!

o
RE: cell phone rant!!!!!!

Me to !!

I think mothers should not talk on their phones whilst they have a child under their control.

I have seen a mother breast feeding her baby, whilst talking on the phone ! Breast feeding is such a special bonding time, between you and your child. Gazing into each others eyes. Imagine what a baby sees when the mother is on the phone ! The child would grow up emotionally detached from the mother. I think the close proximity of the phone near the baby, who has a thin membrane of skin on their head, where their skull has not fused - is a cause for concern. Cancer is a real threat.

I don't like the way these phones intrude on people's lives. I don't want to talk to someone whilst I am in the supermarket thinking about what to get for dinner.

I agree with you mom2emall - cell phones (we call them mobile phones in Australia) are running our society.

My 21 year old daughter can send text messages without even looking at the keypad, she has sent thousands of them!

(sigh) how did we ever do without them !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here