SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebern_gw

Adult living with single mom

ebern
15 years ago

I am an adult, almost 30 year old single woman who is living and working with my single mother.

We are partners in a small at home business, which we thought was a good idea to start together as we are both good at this and needed the assistance and income.

I am equally invested in this business and home and therefore feel that simply leaving in unfair to me. Actually, out of the question.

I am having problems with my mother because she will not respect me as the hard working adult that I am. She thinks she has to right to talk to me about any issue, whether it is her business or not, and if I don't want to talk about it she will persue me and force her opinions, because she is "the mother" and I have to respect her. If I tell her that she is overstepping, she then expresses a great hurt that she cannot speak with me because I am betraying her position. She recoils as if wounded because I am disrespecting her, not understanding that the day I stood on my own feet she actually stopped being the guiding female voice in my life, I now am the sole female manager of my life. I need to get her to understand this. I am tired of her histerics while accusing me of being the bad guy.

I need as peaceful a way as possible to get her to give me my space, and stay out off my back until this business grows and we can live seperately.

Comments (11)

Sponsored