SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebern_gw

Adult living with single mom

ebern
15 years ago

I am an adult, almost 30 year old single woman who is living and working with my single mother.

We are partners in a small at home business, which we thought was a good idea to start together as we are both good at this and needed the assistance and income.

I am equally invested in this business and home and therefore feel that simply leaving in unfair to me. Actually, out of the question.

I am having problems with my mother because she will not respect me as the hard working adult that I am. She thinks she has to right to talk to me about any issue, whether it is her business or not, and if I don't want to talk about it she will persue me and force her opinions, because she is "the mother" and I have to respect her. If I tell her that she is overstepping, she then expresses a great hurt that she cannot speak with me because I am betraying her position. She recoils as if wounded because I am disrespecting her, not understanding that the day I stood on my own feet she actually stopped being the guiding female voice in my life, I now am the sole female manager of my life. I need to get her to understand this. I am tired of her histerics while accusing me of being the bad guy.

I need as peaceful a way as possible to get her to give me my space, and stay out off my back until this business grows and we can live seperately.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville