SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmttsmom

When do you throw in the towel?

kmttsmom
15 years ago

I haven't posted in quite a while. I decided to take a break after Christmas and let things ride. My daughter hasn't spoken to me in over a year. At that time, she told me to never contact her again. She was through with me. At first, I thought she was just mad and that it would pass.

She is 22, divorced, remarried, and expecting child number 3. The problem is that she thinks she knows everything and I know nothing.

She used to call for money. I did what I could, but finally had to tell her to stand on her own two feet. Neither she nor either one of the two husbands she married will work. They live off of welfare, food stamps, and her paternal grandmother.

When I told her to take responsibility, she blew up at me. And that was the end of that.

I have sent Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc..all to no avail.

To top it all off: when she married this latest deadbeat, I wasn't even invited to the wedding. Everyone else in the family got an invite and went. Her paternal grandmother financed the whole affair. This doesn't help the situation at all.

This grandmother is always stepping and bailing her out. So, when I refuse to, grandma runs to the rescue and becomes the hero.

Anyway, in one last attempt, I sent a Valentine's Card to her with an apology letter for whatever I had done. Still, no response. I feel like I am wasting too much time and energy on someone who just doesn't care.

I think this is it. I am done. It's sad that I will never get to have a relationship with my grandchildren. They are 4 & 3 and will never know me.

Sincerely,

kmttsmom

Comments (8)

Sponsored